Olive Birungi Lumonya
Ms. Olive Birungi Lumonya is an adaptable, strategic communications professional, and a strong, inspirational leader with over 20 years of experience in leading and growing departments of organizations to make them dynamic and progressive.
As National Director of SOS Children’s Villages Uganda, Olive provides leadership, vision, and direction to the organization by leading the development and strategic planning, optimizing financial performance, overseeing programme delivery, and building strong relationships with key stakeholders. With over 360 members of staff, the organization has successfully achieved its goals.
Ms. Birungi Lumonya has previously worked with National Social Security Fund and Nile Breweries Limited. She holds a Bachelors of Mass Communication with Sociology from Makerere University Kampala, a Post –Graduate Diploma in Marketing – CIM, Masters of Business Administration from Eastern and Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI) and is a Chartered Marketer from the Chartered Institute of Marketing UK.
SPECIAL TRAINING AND AWARDS:
– Africa Board fellowship – FELLOW – 2018-2019 – Cape town
– Certified Balanced Score Card Champion (2014-2015) – USA
– Market driving forces from the London Business School (LBS) – 2013 – London
– Won the best female student journalist of the year – 1993
MEMBERSHIP TO ASSOCIATIONS:
– Chartered Marketing UK
– Public Relations Association of Uganda
– Rotary Uganda